Tuesday, August 15, 2006

2996

Recently I've come across a site and I encourage all of my readers to check it out. The site is called 2996, in honor of the 2996 American citizens killed on 9/11. You can find a good explanation of the site here. They are asking 2996 bloggers to all pay tribute to one individual apiece on September 11, 2006 with a post about that victim. I'm honored to pay tribute to Robert E. Russell, age 52, killed at the Pentagon. He's originally from Oxon Hill, Md and served our nation proud.

I'm proud to say that I'm the 1805th blogger to sign up for the project. I implore you all to do the same. This is a honor for me and I will make Mr. Russell's family proud.

4 comments:

ABFreedom said...

Yup .... got mine all ready, and have already gathered all the info and am ready. It's the very least I could do for them having to give the ultimate sacrifice for me.

Dionne said...

I keep hearing about this and I just need to get over there and sign up. I still need to get my bloggers against red china set up in the sidebar too. I've been too busy.

Gayle said...

I was the 529th blogger to sign up for this. I have Anil T. Bharvaney, age 41. I still have to research him and do the post for 9/11. I'm glad you joined!

Anonymous said...

The best way to honor those killed on 9/11 is to do a thorough and no holds barred investigation into what really happened that day.

Anything else, including the 9/11 Commission Report, is nothing but a slap in the face to families that lost a loved one that day.

Only the truth will set us free.