Wednesday, October 26, 2005

15 Minutes of Fame while Dancing on the Graves of 2000 Soldiers

It’s over Cindy. We gave you your fifteen minutes. I’m sick and tired of hearing you whine and whimper about your views in Iraq. The death toll in Iraq has reached 2000, apparently a landmark number, which deems the war to be fruitless.

I don’t know the statistics of US wars and I never knew that our success rate is gauged on how many patriotic men and women have to die before the war is wrong. I do believe that we have around 150,000 troops occupying Iraq and surrounding areas. If my college-level math taught me anything, 2000/150000 is around 1.3%. I think I’d play those odds. Actually, every time I drive on US 19 (one of the most deadly highways in the US) I have a better chance of dying. Put me on a bicycle in Florida and I double the odds of dying as opposed to a tour in Iraq.

Let’s think about it for a minute. WWII was undoubtedly one of the most gruesome, deadly wars of our time. What if FDR said, ‘Sorry Russia and Britain, we’ve lost 2000 men today so we need to pull out now. Good luck.’ Again, I don’t know the numbers and don’t have time to look but I’m pretty sure we lost 2000 within the first 24 hours of our involvement during WWII. Thank God the citizens of this great nation were patriotic at that time.

It’s just getting annoying. Other oppositionists are pointing out all of the flaws with the rebuilding of Iraq. Apparently they didn’t see the free elections occur, or the new Constitution forming. Let’s go on another flash back… Germany following WWII. We, and other respectable nations, occupied Germany for years following the war. As a matter of fact, I believe our occupation lasted decades long. This occupation helped support the rebuilding of Germany through elections and a Constitution leading Germany to becoming an economic superpower and ally.

You can’t rebuild a country in six months.

You can’t fight a war without casualties.

God Bless all of the men and women fighting overseas and defending this great nation.

God Bless the men and women who have died defending the rights of humans.

God Bless this great nation.

No comments: