Wednesday, March 29, 2006

12,000,000... 12,000,001... 12,000,002...

The illegal immigration population is growing and was quite apparent by the synchronized protests earlier this week. The new buzz is what's going to happen now, especially with 2006 around the corner. Mike Tate, who's blogging here, wrote a great article on the immigration issue. I've pulled some excerpts that I thought were frightening:

"Judging by the millions marching in the streets of the United States to oppose criminalizing illegal immigration, it is inconceivable to believe that there would not be resistance, possibly armed, in the process of deporting all illegal immigrants from the United States. If there was resistance, would a compassionate country like ours actually use tanks and airplanes to track down all illegals? Such a move could partition our country and leave us with uncut grass.

Towns across the southwest will soon resemble Maywood, south of downtown Los Angeles, and El Cenizo, a border town in southern Texas. The City Council of the town Maywood, where 96% of the population is Hispanic and more than half foreign-born, recently voted against any federal law criminalizing illegal immigrants or requiring police departments to enforce immigration law. El Cenizo, with Maywood-like demographics, voted to make Spanish the town's official language."

Tate brings up the whole "now what?" proverb and I don't blame him. Now what?

4 comments:

Gayle said...

I don't know, Neo-Con. I don't know. All I really know is something needs to be done. But the aricle you posted parts of is correct. We are in a mell-of-a-hess. Not a truly intelligent comment, but the best I can do right now.

ABFreedom said...

If it's not dealt with know, you won't be able to later...

ABFreedom said...

Uh .... that would be " dealt with now" ...

Neo-Con Tastic said...

Gayle - Don't get me wrong, the article isn't the greatest but for being a high school kid, I'm impressed. I'm just more concerned about the cities like Maywood and El Cenizo.

AB - This is one reason I'm envious of you Canadians!

Besides the war, this is by far the biggest concern that I have. Hands down.