A Bill Before Congress would prohibit ownership of handguns by those who have not obtained firearm licenses. Basically this legislation would make it illegal to own a firearm - any with a clip or ANY pistol unless it is registered:
- You are fingerprinted
- You must supply a current Driver's License
- You must supply your Social Security #
- You will submit to a physical; mental evaluation at anytime of their choosing
- Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported & costs $25 Failure results in automatically losing the right to own firearms are subject up to a year jail time.
- There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 30; stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. The Government would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.
Please pass this along. This is what we have been dreading and time is of the essence.