John McCain and Rudy Giulian have been the front-runners for the Republican ticket since the 2008 presidency talks began. McCain and Giuliani, both moderates at best, are currently our strongest choices for the presidency. Some conservatives are beginning to realize and voice their views - including Christian leader James Dobson.
Recently, Dobson has openly admitted his "dislike" for McCain and I commend him:
"Speaking as a private individual, I would not vote for John McCain under any circumstances," said James Dobson, founder of the Colorado Springs-based Focus on the Family as well as the Focus Action cultural action organization set up specifically to provide a platform for informing and rallying constituents.
Dobson, who always is careful to note that he's not speaking for the non-profit ministry, which cannot advocate for or against candidates legally, also doesn't hesitate to state his personal opinions on social or political issues and agendas.
Several times he's talked to Republicans, the traditionally conservative political party, about the need to maintain the values of that large part of the U.S. population, or lose the support of those people.
Dobson is making the right move by stomping out this 'brush fire' early. Neither McCain nor Giuliani should be our choice for the Republican ticket. Dobson is obviously expressing his opinion but more importantly, this opinion is based on facts. McCain is a RINO and nothing more - a victory for McCain would be a victory for the Democrats. It is well known fact that McCain has done more work with Feingold (D-AlQaeda) than any Republican.
Let's stomp out this fire together and consider true conservatives for the presidency in 2008, not RINOs like Giuliani or McCain. Let's look for a conservative that will defend our country inside and out. A conservative with values and objectives that hold true to the majority of the United States including:
- Saving and reforming Social Security for current and future generations;
- Providing tax relief to working families through ending the marriage penalty and providing marginal tax rate reductions;
- Reforming and streamlining the way the federal government does business;
- Making the federal tax code flatter, simpler and fairer;
- Fighting to protect the most vulnerable in our society: the unborn, the weak, the elderly, and the disabled;
- Ensuring that America continues an aggressive war on terror;
- Guarding against the erosion of our freedoms and right to govern ourselves.
With all that said, Neo-Con* Tastic's official choice for the Republican nomination will be a true "Reagan Republican", Sam Brownback.